The CPMI’s mission is to promote world-class research, education and training on Chinese and Pakistani business, policy and management.
Based at the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) of Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), CPMI will work with organizations in China and Pakistan, including businesses, academic institutions, government departments and non-governmental organizations. The rapid growth of China in economy, scientific research and education provides unique opportunities for Pakistan. China is playing an increasingly important role in world economics and in the Pakistani society and economy, and there are exciting opportunities for reciprocal learning and enrichment in business and management.
CPMI is a collaboration-oriented business and research initiative set up to achieve the following aims:
- To promote joint research on business and management in China and Pakistan
- To develop joint education and training programmes with Chinese partners
- To apply for research funding and jointly recruit research students.
- To organise and deliver management development programmes for managers and policy makers in China and Pakistan
- To capitalize on the potential for management development, research, teaching, and consultancy in the wake of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)
- To create a knowledge corridor to serve the needs of and steer the direction of the economic corridor
- To develop and impart training programmes and academic courses on Chinese language, culture, Confucian and Buddhist values, laws, business norms and management techniques in Pakistan.
- To impart similar training on Pakistani culture, Islamic values, Urdu language, laws, business norms and management techniques to Chinese professionals in Pakistan and China
- To document and critically review the policies and activities of CPEC and examine their implications for Pakistan and China
- To study, assess, forecast and support logistics, supply chain, energy, security and infrastructure needed for or related to CPEC