China-Pakistan Management Initiative (CPMI)
China–Pakistan Economic Corridor is part of One Belt, One Road project and has created a tremendous amount of interest for Chinese firms wishing to invest in Pakistan and Pakistani firms desiring increased relations in China. As the leading business school in Pakistan, we are keen on developing a center for collaborative research, exploring business avenues and exchange of ideas between China and Pakistan. We are calling it ‘China Pakistan Management Initiative (CPMI)’.
The commencement of activities under CPEC has resulted in business interest from both China and Pakistan. However, cultural and legal issues are a major hindrance in the smooth operations of cross-border business. Suleman Dawood School of Business is actively interested in developing and disseminating knowledge relating to economic, management, social and cultural issues surrounding CPEC. We would also like to help Chinese businesses become familiar with business, cultural and legal environment in Pakistan and also help Pakistani businesses gain knowledge of Chinese culture, business norms and legal frameworks. Our Executive Education Center is capable of carrying out some of the intended objectives of this Initiative through executive education and training.
Mission and Scope
The CPMI’s mission is to promote world-class research, education and training on Chinese and Pakistani business, policy and management.
Based at the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) of Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), CPMI will work with organizations in China and Pakistan, including businesses, academic institutions, government departments and non-governmental organizations. The rapid growth of China in economy, scientific research and education provides unique opportunities for Pakistan. China is playing an increasingly important role in world economics and in the Pakistani society and economy, and there are exciting opportunities for reciprocal learning and enrichment in business and management.
CPMI is a collaboration-oriented business and research initiative set up to achieve the following aims:
- To promote joint research on business and management in China and Pakistan
- To develop joint education and training programmes with Chinese partners
- To apply for research funding and jointly recruit research students.
- To organise and deliver management development programmes for managers and policy makers in China and Pakistan
- To capitalize on the potential for management development, research, teaching, and consultancy in the wake of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)
- To create a knowledge corridor to serve the needs of and steer the direction of the economic corridor
- To develop and impart training programmes and academic courses on Chinese language, culture, Confucian and Buddhist values, laws, business norms and management techniques in Pakistan.
- To impart similar training on Pakistani culture, Islamic values, Urdu language, laws, business norms and management techniques to Chinese professionals in Pakistan and China
- To document and critically review the policies and activities of CPEC and examine their implications for Pakistan and China
- To study, assess, forecast and support logistics, supply chain, energy, security and infrastructure needed for or related to CPEC
CPMI Coordinators (for contact):
Faculty with Interest in CPEC and CPMI
- Dr Jawad Syed | https://sdsb.lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/4821
- Dr Faiza Ali | https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/4825
- Dr Ghufran Ahmed | https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/2951
- Dr. Muhammad Abdur Rahman Malik | https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/2890
- Dr Ehsan ul Haq https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/44
Strategy and Information Technology Management
- Dr Zahoor Hasan https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/173
- Dr Shakeel Jajja https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/3186
- Dr Kamran Ali Chatha https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/1275
- Dr Naiman Jalil https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/2767
- Dr Mohsin Nasir Jatt https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/4398
- Dr Fahad Mehmood https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/4822
Accounting and Finance
- Dr Saad Azmat https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/2016
- Dr Tanveer Shahzad https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/2689
- Dr Omair Haroon https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/4824
- Dr Zaghum Umar https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/3907
- Mr Asad Alam https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/1141
- Dr. Shehryar Shahid https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/3640
- Dr Mohsin Bashir https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/1509
- Dr Ahsan Rana https://lums.edu.pk/lums_employee/3845