The External Relations Office looks after Graduate Clubs & Societies, MBA Exchange Programmes, Guest Speaker Sessions, Social Events, School Brochures and Communications of the Suleman Dawood School of Business.
SDSB Graduate Clubs and Societies:
There are abundant opportunities for the MBA & EMBA students to participate in the clubs and societies of the business school. With 12 clubs and societies and over 50 leadership positions in the extracurricular management, the students have ample space to hone their leadership and organisational management potential. The events which unfold each year are linked to several business functions, and student inclusion aids them in refining their skill set, explore their interests and make networks that benefit them for their lifetime. Each Club & Society arranges their signature mega-events every year, which engages business school students from all across Pakistan in business idea competitions, simulation games, corporate conferences and social events. These events attract large corporations belonging from all active business sectors of Pakistan: the medium of engagements include (but are not limited to) Sponsorships, Panel Discussion Sessions, Guest Speaker Sessions, Product & Activations, and Business Projects.
These clubs and societies are managed by the elected students from MBA & EMBA first and second year, under the guidance and supervision of their Faculty Patron and the External Relations Office. Following are the MBA executive clubs and societies:
- LUMS Marketing Executive Club (LMEC) l LUMS Marketing Colloquium (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/LumsMEC?fref=ts
- LUMS HR Executive Club (LHREC) l LUMS HR Confluence (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/pages/LUMS-HR-Confluence-2015/1589802791250298?sk=timeline
- LUMS Global Management Executive Club (LGMC) l LUMS Synergies (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/synergies.lums
- LUMS Entrepreneurship Executive Club (LEEC) l TEDxLUMS (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/TEDxLUMS
- LUMS Finance Executive Club (LFEC) l Prometheus Challenge (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/au.prometheus?fref=ts
- LUMS Supply Chain Management Executive Club (LSEC) l Supply Chain Summit (Signature event)https://www.facebook.com/search/str/LUMS%20supply%20chain/keywords_top
- LUMS MBA Leadership Society (LMLS) l Leadership Marathon (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/LumsLeadershipSociety
- LUMS MBA Sports Society (LMSS) l Dangal (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/Dangal2015?fref=ts
- LUMS MBA Music Society (LMMS) l LUMS Loud & Proud (Signature event) https://www.facebook.com/LUMSMBAMusicsociety?fref=ts
- LUMS Business Review (LBR) l LBR Annual (Signature publication) https://www.facebook.com/LUMS.BR?fref=ts
- LUMS Toastmasters Executive Club (LTEC) l https://www.facebook.com/Toastmasters.LUMS?fref=nf
- LUMS Sales Club (LSC) l SalesCon
The mission of the Graduate Clubs & Societies is to build a strong community of SDSB students, faculty and alumni to support and enhance our combined interests in all fields of business. A typical C& S activity involves critical attention to the following crucial areas which fall under the purview of C&S student leaders:
- Event Registration by students of other universities
- Corporate sponsorship of Events
- Budgeting & Ticketing for the event
- Press & Media Coverage, and Media technology services
- Screening, documentaries & copyright materials
- Accessibility and accommodations for guests
- Crowd management and abidance by the rules
- Dignitaries and other high profile guests
- Restricted dates (exams etc)
- Prizes, souvenirs & goodbyes
- Event Closure and acknowledgments
Our current event schedule is given below, however, some events are subject to change on the discretion of the C&S:
MBA International Partners & Exchange Programmes
SDSB has been a pioneer in forming and harnessing international linkages in the country. Our partners are aligned in a way where our faculties collaborate publishing of cases, journals and books, holding case-based conferences, co-teaching courses at programme levels. Our students have also benefited from these linkages as a select number of them have been admitted to international study programmes for one semester in the MBA programme. With the aim of globalizing the MBA programme, SDSB actively involves itself with different international business schools.
Information sessions about the international exchange program are held during the Spring Semester each year. Applications for the limited number of slots are submitted in March-April for Fall exchange of the current year. This unique chance of studying abroad helps the students in learning various techniques of business which are taught elsewhere; and the students gain an international exposure of living in a different culture and environment.
Our current partners are:
Brief of the student exchange process which are employed this year:
- Exchange Programme Nominations are taken from 1st year MBA students – March 2016
- Final List is announced after student selection – March/April 2016
- Admission Application Procedure – April/May 2016
- Course Selection and Programme Workload – May till July 2016
- Visa Process – May/June 2016
- Departure – August/September 2016
Prior to applying for an exchange programme, the applicant should have completed at least one semester as a full-time student at LUMS
How to apply?
An invitation email is sent out to the MBA students which provides them all the details regarding the exchange programme i.e. information about the host university, course offerings, time period of the programme, selection criteria and deadline for submitting applications. Interested candidates send their nominations which are tabulated by the office based on the class academic rankings. Shortlisted students are informed of the selection and invited for interviews by the Exchange Committee (ERO & SDSB Faculty). After the interviews, a list of selected students is prepared in order of priority on the basis of their academic achievements at LUMS, SOP and interview evaluation. Once a student is selected for an international school, they are sent the complete admissions package, which is filled under the supervision of the office managers.
Students are informed that taking the necessary steps to acquire a visa is their own responsibility. The LUMS external relations office only helps students complete their documents and provide necessary information for a successful application