SDSB has a clearly articulated curriculum management process to ensure that the curriculum of each degree programme remains current and relevant to the needs of business and society. The programme learning goals (PLGs) are relevant to the degree type and are aligned with the business school’s mission. SDSB has a well-developed Assurance of Learning (AOL) plan to assess the extent to which learning objectives of each degree programme are met.
In this, transformative programme students develop study habits and strategies that help them to succeed at the institution as soon as they arrive for orientation. Several methods include reading, class participation, notetaking, strategic learning videos and books, memory and retention, tests and exams, learning assessments, and engaging with faculty. During lectures, small-group discussions, and one-on-one sessions with the instructor, students learn and practice essential skills for addressing college coursework and reducing stress. In addition to identifying the academic and personal goals, students develop time-management, and result-oriented strategies. They will write reflective papers, learn how to complete college-level research, and engage in fun, collaborative activities in and out of the classroom. SDSB also helps students develop learning strategies, self-motivation, advocacy, and persistence - all skills linked to achieving greater academic success.
The business school offers courses in research methods is a critical step for students who will one day need to conduct their own original research. These courses are equally important for students who are not planning to conduct research in the future, because graduates still need to make informed decisions regarding research findings as part of their professional development. Student-developed research projects involve original research conducted by a single student or a small group of students. Research projects provide a wonderful active-learning experience that students typically embrace with increased motivation and interest.
TIPS FOR ACHIEVING ACADEMIC SUCCESS AT SDSB - For Students
1. Keep everything in perspective. You are smart and intelligent and there are many tools and strategies provided at the business for making the most of what you have.
2. Define long-term and short-term goals and build your schedule around them. Make sure that your stick to them.
3. Connect with the faculty advisors and the administrative advisors for support and help. Our resources will help you manage your academic life at SDSB LUMS.
4. Learn and practice specific reading strategies. They will help you study and remember better.
5. Stay healthy! Learn how to manage stress, get enough sleep, exercise, and choose nutritious meals and snacks.
6. Join a study group! Collaborative learning is effective and enjoyable.
7. Learn effective time management! That is the key to getting everything done.
8. Reinforce what you have learned with frequent review and repetition. If you USE it, you will not LOSE it.
9. Believe in yourself! Your gifts got you here—learn how to use them to your best advantage.