5th Islamic Finance, Banking & Business Ethics Global Conference on the theme "Inclusion, Sustainability and Ethics at a Time of Global Change" is being organised by Suleman Dawood School of Business - LUMS, INCEIF (Malaysia), IBA-CEIF, Universitat de Valencia and Universitat Jaume-I (Spain). For details, visit the Conference Website here.
In the wake of rapid changes to the global economy and new challenges facing humanity, scholars and academics need to formulate new thoughts and reevaluate existing theories and policies. Effective policies and initiatives are required to address disruption due to digital innovation, rising protectionism, widening gap between the rich and the poor, and many more similar poignant matters.
This conference aims to address specific issues related to inclusion, sustainability and ethics. In particular, the conference will address questions such as:
- • How to contribute to a sustainable transformation of the society through socio-economic policies, politics and institutional reforms, and innovation in technology.
- • How to promote ethics in business since a majority of the academic literature, particularly religious bent literature, seems to be either theologically oriented or superficial and inadequate in its assessment.
- • How to enhance financial inclusion through formal and non-formal financial institutions.
With Islamic finance progressing rapidly over the last decade, questions have started arising on its role in developing a more sustainable, and inclusive world through the religio-based economic system. The success of the Islamic financial industry is all the more evident since it came during a period when the conventional financial industry was experiencing a crisis. From the Olympic Village in London to Burj Khalifa in Dubai, shariah compliant investments are making inroads on a global scale. With this in mind SDSB-LUMS, invite 1000-word abstracts or full papers (5000 to 10,000 words), i.e. Research Papers and Case Studies.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
Authors are requested to submit full-text papers (.doc, .docx or .pdf) including results, tables, figures and references through electronic submission systems which can be found here. The paper should not be more than 25 pages (including the abstract, figures, tables and references) single spaced in Times New Roman 12pt font in A4 size page. Page margin from Top = 0.75", Bottom = 1.69", Left = Right = 0.56" should be set.
GUIDELINES FOR CASE SUBMISSION
The case and teaching note should be a .doc, .docx or .pdf file/s, single spaced using Times New Roman 12pt font in A4 size page. Page margin from Top = 0.75", Bottom = 1.69", Left = Right = 0.56" should be set. The case itself should normally not exceed 20 pages, including all exhibits. Teaching note is mandatory for a case submission. To ensure a blind review process, please do not include any author information in your document (check File Properties to ensure that your name is not automatically provided as author of the document).
Please click here for case writing guidelines.
PAPER & CASE SUBMISSION
Suleman Dawood School of Business, LUMS invite 1000-word abstracts or full papers (5000 to 10,000 words), i.e. Research Papers and Case Studies on the following topics. This is an indicative, non-exhaustive list:
- Personal finance
- Islamic microfinance and access to credit
- Poverty alleviation
- Venture capital and startups
- Islamic crowdfunding
- Remittances & payments
- Women’s participation in Islamic finance
- Managing risks related to financial inclusion
- Financial education and literacy
- Islamic social finance: zakat, waqf & sadaqah
- Human resources and talent development in the financial industry
- Economic policy and government strategy for financial inclusiveness
- Small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurship
- The use of financial technology and mobile system for inclusive finance
- Inclusive takaful (microtakaful) in emerging markets
- Leadership and innovation in financial inclusion
- Community empowerment through Islamic finance
- Sustainable banking
- Climate finance
- Green sukuk
- Climate risk takaful
- Sustainability reporting
- Sustainability management
- Sustainable business innovation
- Sustainability policy and strategy
- Sustainable development and economic growth
- Maqasid al-Shariah and sustainable investment
- Renewable and green energy financing
- ESG and impact investing
- Leadership and talent development in sustainability
- Ethics and values in sustainable ventures
- Investor right & data protection
- Ethics in digital finance
- Corporate social responsibility
- Socially responsible and ethical investing
- Good governance, transparency, and disclosure
- Business ethics in Islamic banking and finance
- Business ethics in the age of Industrial Revolution
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Postgraduate and research students
- Professional associations
- Professionals from organisations
- Other interested parties
CONFERENCE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Dr. Eskandar Mohd.Shah, INCEIF, Malaysia
Dr. Emili Tortosa Ausina, Universitat Jaume-I, Spain
Dr. Pilar Soriano, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Dr. Syed Aun Raza Rizvi, Lahore University of Management Sciences
Dr. Zainab Riaz, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan
Dr. Irum Saba, IBA Karachi, Pakistan
ABSTRACT/PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2021
NOTIFICATION OF DECISION DEADLINE MONDAY, APRIL 5, 2021
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2021
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2021
Note: The conference may be moved online depending upon national and university policies closer to the event. If this happens, the conference registration fee will also be revised.
Suleman Dawood School of Business
Lahore University of Management Sciences
Tel: 042-35608000 | Ext: 8143, 8144