What are the admission criteria for the PhD Management Programme?
Please visit the following link; https://admission.lums.edu.pk/programmes/phd-management.
What is the minimum score required in GMAT/GRE for admission?
There is no minimum required score. The short listing of candidates is dependent on academic performance, test scores and interview performance.
I would like to submit my GMAT/ GRE score to LUMS when I take the test. What is the LUMS code?
Our GMAT/GRE reporting code from ETS is 0679.
What is the last date to take GMAT/GRE for admission for the session commencing August 2017?
The deadline to take the GMAT/GRE is Feb 08, 2017.
For how long are the GMAT/GRE scores valid?
GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years. GMAT/GRE taken five years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid.
What if I don't have my GMAT/ GRE scores by the application submission deadline?
GMAT/ GRE score is compulsory for submission of online application. You must submit/mail the copy of unofficial GMAT/ GRE score report as soon as you take the test. However, the official GMAT/ GRE scores can be submitted later.
How can I submit the application processing fee?
After the successful submission of the online application form you will be able to print a system generated Application Processing Fee payment voucher. Please print the fee voucher for making payments at Allied Bank Branches throughout Pakistan. The voucher can be paid:
- Online, immediately by visiting https://admission.lums.edu.pk/student-payment-options-0 or
- In cash, the next day by presenting the payment voucher along with the requisite amount at any Allied Bank branch throughout Pakistan.
Can I send in my documents before receiving my test result?
You can send your GMAT/GRE un-official score report along with your supporting documents.
Whom should I ask to write a letter of recommendation for me?
We recommend that at least one should be from a supervisor in your professional career. The other letter can be from a faculty member who has had a reasonable opportunity to evaluate you academically.
How many letters of recommendation should I submit?
Minimum of two letters of recommendation are required.
Do you have any age limit for admission to the PhD Management Programme?
No, there are no age restrictions for admission to the PhD Management Programme.
May I apply using the paper application and send paper materials?
No, our system for reviewing applications is completely online so we must receive your application electronically using our online application service.
I have a change of address and/or email address and have already submitted my application?
It is very important that you keep our department aware of any address or email change. Please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the application process?
- Application for admission to the PhD Management programme is an online process (there is no paper based application to fill out or mail).
- After creating an account and accessing the online admission application you may then begin to complete your application.
- You can work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. Please note that we expect applicants to adhere to the deadlines stated on the LUMS website.
- You can "track" the receipt of supporting documents submitted.
- The earlier you submit your application the sooner you can learn about the receipt of these materials.
- After submission you may print a copy for your own use.
- I have a change of address and/or email address and have already submitted my application
- It is very important that you keep our department aware of any address or email change. Please send an email at email@example.com
How will you notify me regarding a decision on my application?
Admission decisions will only be communicated via courier service. Regretfully, we are unable to provide the final application status by telephone or e-mail inquiry.
May I appeal my admission decision or ask to have the decision explained?
The admission process is a well deliberated and thorough process. Each year we receive a large number of outstanding applications. Unfortunately, all of them do not qualify because of the limited number of available seats. The decision regarding admission is final.
If your application is unsuccessful you will also receive a letter informing you of this. Due to the volume of applications the University receives; it is not possible to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.